Source: Prensa Latina, 02 May 2011
The military aggression against Libya is a confirmation of the warnings made by the leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro Ruz, about a NATO military intervention against the country, the Foreign Ministry said Monday.
In a statement published in the Monday edition of Granma newspaper, the Foreign Ministry strongly condemned the brutal murder of one of the sons of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.
The Cuban ambassador in Libya visited the scene of the attack on Sunday and confirmed that the property, a walled complex of one-story buildings, is located in a residential Tripoli neighborhood that includes diplomatic buildings, the statement said.
It also referred to similar attacks two days earlier on Libyan television facilities, saying that these criminal actions came in addition to heaving bombings, including with cutting-edge U.S. drones, in which innocent people die; the delivery of weapons and equipment to the so-called rebel forces, and the deployment of military advisers in Libya.
The ambassador also accused NATO of manipulating the very same resolution that it imposed on the UN Security Council resolution, No. 1973, which is completely illegitimate, under the pretext of protecting civilian lives.
The Cuban Foreign Ministry emphasized its strongest condemnation of the indiscriminate attacks against the Libyan people, demanded an immediate halt to the armed aggression, and joined the call of the African Union and other countries for an urgent search for a peaceful solution to the situation in that country.
The solution should be based on full respect for the independence, territorial integrity, and sovereignty (of Libya) over its natural resources and self-determination, without any foreign interference of any kind, the statement said.